Lucy Lit hungry for fashion

Hi folks, Lucy Lit here.

I have only recently come to work in Hastings and decided it was time to get out and about in my new town, so I attended the 2008 Edible Fashion Awards on Saturday! The theme was “futuristic” and did the entrants ever use their imaginations! The use of lollies as colour sure made my taste buds tingle and I think I put on weight just watching, lol. I really should have had lunch before I went :-/

It was encouraging to see a strong focus on sustainability and the future, with many winning costumes reflecting the designer’s thoughts on recycling, healthy foods and biodegradable materials. May I say, in my humble opinion, the overall winner was well deserved!

For those of you inspired to enter next year’s competition - don’t forget to check out our selection of books on fashion and design. Here are a couple of goodies;

Happy reading for now!
Lucy Lit




No comments: